So, it’s Aug. 6, and this is the day you see the face behind all these spotlights. That’s right, I organize these, so you can all learn more about us here at MyMediabox. Today is a special day for me … HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! If you’re a licensee you’ve probably heard: “My name’s Kaneesha, and I’m the administrative coordinator here at MyMediabox.” You guessed it; that’s me too. So, my full name? Kaneesha Jamieson-Sang. I work with licensees who access Mediabox-PA to ensure they’re fully trained on how to use the system, thus streamlining the approvals process. I also carry out marketing initiatives by updating social media posts, writing blog posts and creating/sending the quarterly newsletter “Media-Unboxed.” (Please subscribe to receive this; it is certainly worth the read!) Read on to find out more fun facts about me!
1. Most embarrassing moment?
I was in Destin, Fl for a weekend with my boyfriend, and the hotel had a self-serve breakfast bar. Everyone was in a line getting their breakfast together, and I offered to warm up my boyfriend’s boiled eggs (bear in mind I used to be allergic to eggs – long story and usually cannot stand the smell of them, so I often stay far away) whilst he made the waffles. Long story short, I put them in the microwave, and when I opened the microwave in about 0.5 seconds, the eggs exploded in the microwave. So I had egg all over me, the floor, the microwave and the counter. I was absolutely frozen. All I could do after about five minutes of standing there was say, “You know, you should never put me in charge of breakfast.” Good thing it wasn’t a new relationship – but still very embarrassing.
2. If you could close one fast food chain due to disgusting food, what would you pick?
KFC USA – I’m originally from London and that is how KFC is supposed to taste.
3. Funniest childhood nickname and why?
Mogly – as in Jungle Book – because I was super-skinny. My dad still calls me that sometimes.
4. If you could be a member of any TV-sitcom family, which would it be?
Tyler Perry’s House of Payne.
5. If you could change one thing about your upbringing, what would it be?
To have siblings, it can get lonely being an only child.
6. Would you rather $2million right now or $4000 every week?
$4,000 every week – invest it, start a business, I can make super high-risk investments without a worry because I’ll be getting the money back one way or another.
7. Name one short-term goal?
8. If you could kill off any character from a current television show, who would it be?
Angla Valdez from Power … Homewrecker.
9. What is your motto or personal mantra?
Everything happens for a reason.
10. What is your biggest achievement? – personal or professional
Moving from London to Atlanta, by myself. Aug. 24 will be my one-year anniversary, and this is the hardest thing I’ve ever done.
11. If you could switch jobs with someone, who would it be?
Richard Branson, I’ve looked up to him since I was in school.
12. If you were 80 years old, what advice would you give your grandchildren?