So, we’re already halfway through the year, and it’s time for us to celebrate another one of our colleagues. Irina Chernykh is our implementation specialist. She implements the Mediabox software for each of our partners and aids the developers in maintaining existing sites when our partners request new features and modifications for their sites.
1. If you could have dinner with 3 people, dead or alive, who would you choose?
My fiancé and my parents – due to geographical and political constraints we haven’t had a chance to share this simple pleasure all together yet.
2. If you won $30,000, how would you spend it?
So many choices! I could think of many ways – some guilty, some pleasurable and humanistic. Following the reasonable path, I’d invest in education.
3. Most embarrassing moment?
Once, I fell into the fountain. All my attention was on a modernist shiny sculpture ahead, and I didn’t notice that there was water on my way to it. My love for art got wet that early December, as well as my camera, cell phone and everything else that was with me and on me.
4. If you could choose any superpower, which would you have?
Teleportation! Though I don’t often suffer from bad Atlantian traffic, the idea of being able to change locations in a wink of an eye is super exciting.
5. If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
I would start with Machu Picchu, Peru, and ideally, the entire world.
6. What phobia do you have?
I am afraid of breaking or hurting my legs. What if I won’t be able to dance again? This has been a strong fear of mine after performing an unlucky jump in my early 20s, and (many) years later, it still disturbs me.
7. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Fly an airplane.
8. What’s the best gift you’ve ever given?
A trip to Barcelona – a gift to me from myself after I started my first job. The feeling of being able to earn money and decide how you want to spend it – is priceless. It was a proof of independence for me first, and a travel opportunity next.
9. What is something you learned in the last week?
As the strawberry season is in its peak, I learned to make strawberry margaritas. My version turned out to be rather strong.
10. What is your personal philosophy?
#1: Proper planning prevents poor performance
#2: Mentality creates reality.
11. How do you define success?
Success for me is when you win against your fears, laziness and doubts.
12. Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
I learned to do a headstand recently.