After an exciting month at MyMediabox, it’s time to celebrate our Director of Client Services, Dave Ploof. Dave is one of the most hardworking, insightful members of our team, and his humorous personality makes him a joy to work with. Among his many responsibilities, he oversees the quality and future direction of both our Digital Asset Management and Product Approvals applications by providing documentation requirements and roadmap deliverables. Dave has been with MyMediabox since the company launched in 2003 and therefore knows every inch of our software. His knowledge and experience is irreplaceable which makes him a valuable asset to our team. Read on to find out more about who Dave is when he isn’t working on our industry-leading software systems.
1. Most embarrassing moment?
Really? OK, I was/still EXTREMELY shy. My first job was a dishwasher for Howard Johnson’s where my mother worked as a waitress. As I was putting away a stack of dishes, one of my mother’s friends pinched my butt. I was so shocked and embarrassed that I dropped all of the dishes. My mother, being VERY outgoing, just laughed and told me to be a good Christian and “turn the other cheek.”
2. Funniest childhood nickname and why?
My Father called me “Charlie Brown” and my Brother was “Jughead.” My nickname was probably because I had a big head…
3. If you could be a member of any TV-sitcom family, which would it be?
All in the Family.
4. If you could change one thing about your upbringing, what would it be?
My shyness. But other than that, I had a wonderful childhood because I had fantastic parents who worked hard to provide us with happiness.
5. Would you rather $2million right now or $4000 every week?
$4000 a week as long as it keeps coming to my wife and kids after I am gone. Otherwise, I’ll take the 2 million now. 😊
6. Name one short-term goal?
A personal goal is to lose 20 pounds by September.
A professional goal is to make enough time to respond to emails in a more timely manner.
7. If you could kill off any character from a current television show, who would it be?
Carl from “The Walking Dead,” but that has already been done.
8. What is your motto or personal mantra?
It is actually borrowed from my Mother – “You don’t get out of life alive, so enjoy it now.”
9. What is your biggest achievement? – personal or professional
Being blessed with a wonderful son and daughter and married to a fantastic woman.
10. If you could switch jobs with someone, who would it be?
Tom Brady. Do I really need to explain why?
11. If you were 80 years old, what advice would you give your grandchildren?
First of all, I am ALMOST 80 years old…
Second, I can’t wait to have grandchildren but right now I have to settle on grandpuppies and grandkitties. But I would tell them that they can do anything they want to do as long as it does not hurt anyone and that they accept the consequences.